Sunday, June 6, 2010

I took a 'Picture Piecing' class taught by Cynthia England. I chose the 'Snow Scene' kit to make. I completed one section so I still have a lot to do. It is easier to do than paper piecing and you can get the same level of detail. All stitching lines are straight. The 2nd part of the class was on designing. Cynthia had some exercises for us to do to learn to draw a pattern. She critiqued eveyone's drawing. Everyone brought a photo and Cynthia told how she would draw the pattern. It was a very worthwhile and enjoyable class that was over way too soon. I highly recommend it.

I have started my Derby quilt after collecting the fabric for a few years. It will be queen size and I have 9 of the 30 blocks completed so far. I hope to have the top completed by June 15th. I will be entering it in a contest in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment