Sunday, February 28, 2010


I made a wall hanging for my office door for March. It is a shamrock. I found the pattern for the block online at Quilting Assistant. I made the shamrock an 8" block, the white border is 1" and the outer border is 2". It finished about 14" square which is a good size to hang at work.
Since the retreat I have made 2 more snappy totes. The blue one I made at the retreat. I made the cats last weekend and the butterflies yesterday. They are a good size to use as a small handbag or cosmetic bag. I like the shape of these better than the first one I made which were rectangular/square.

I've been commissioned to make a quilt. It is a memory quilt made from clothes. I received a good assortment of shirts to use. I have cut up the shirts and am now ready to cut them into squares and rectangles. The blocks will be 10 1/2" unfinished so I will be using 5 1/2" and 3" squares and 3" x 5 1/2" rectangles. I think it will turn out very nice.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure the wall hanging brightens your office. Beautiful work! I love the bags. You chose great looking colors.

    ReplyDelete