Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Retreat

I really enjoyed the retreat. The place we went is a Leadership Center in Jabez, KY, which seems like it is in the middle of nowhere. The roads were bare and there were a few snow flurries on the way home. The drive was about 4 hours each way.

The accomodations were very good. The rooms had the essentials but no tv. There was a tv in the lobby. The room we sewed in was well lit and each person had 6-8 ft of table space. The food was well prepared and I did not go hungry. It was so nice to not worry about meals.

I accomplished a lot! I finished 6 tops and started cutting out more. I made 3 Quick Strippie tops, 2 of which I will donate to charity. I finished a disappearing nine patch and a strip twist. The blocks were at least partially done so I only had to sew them together. I finished the border on my twister quilt. I used scraps from the quilt to make small twister blocks to put in the border. This makes it different and interesting. We also had a class on making a purse using a carpenters tape as the closure and using 2 fq's.

My only regrets are that I forgot my camera and I waited so long before going. I will definitely go on another retreat when my schedule permits.

1 comment: