Thursday, September 10, 2009

Animal Quilts

I have made several quilts with animals as the theme. I used a wolf print for my neices' quilt. She liked the fabric so I used a Stack 'n Whack pattern and then put a wide border on it. I also made a pillowcase to go with it. I have made 2 quilts with deer fabric for hunters. The first one is called Just Your Size and is 64" x 87". The other one is a king size Turning Twenty. I used 4 fq's of the deer fabric in it. The horse quilt was made for a niece that really likes horses. I started with a pattern and made several changes to it and finished at 60" x 76". I used the Square in a Square 2 block pattern for my nephews' quilt. I fussy cut different animals for the center of the blocks. I fussy cut some smaller animals for the border on opposite corners. I even found some foxes to put in it as his grandfathers' name is Fox.









No comments:

Post a Comment