Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Photo Quilts

I made a quilt with family photos for my neice and nephew when my brother was in Iraq. I thought it would help them cope with the separation. I put the pictures on the computer and then used the fabric that goes in the printer. The difficult part was deciding on the pictures and then getting them the size I wanted. I chose to make the pictures a little larger than 4" square so I could print 4 pictures on each sheet. I then added fabric on 2 sides to make it a 5 " square. I used a charm pack with cats for my neice's quilt and trucks/construction equipment for my nephew's quilt. Both quilts finished about 40" x 60". Then my SIL asked for a quilt for my brother so I used red, blue and gray. Since I didn't have enough pictures for every block, I fussy cut some eagles for some. I also made a pillowcase to go with the quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment