Thursday, September 17, 2009

First Quilts

These are the first 3 bed size quilts that I made. The Irish Chain was the 1st. I figured it can't be that difficult to make a quilt, it's just straight sewing. I followed the directions in a quilt book and got some advice from my mother over the phone and before I knew it I was finished with the top. The 2nd quilt was the red,white and blue Windmill quilt. That one wasn't too difficult. I layered both and tied them.
Then I wanted more of a challenge so I decided to make triangles. I designed the friendship star quilt I call Stars Galore. I took my time looking for the right fabric. I used graph paper and drew the design. See the large center star? By the time I finished this one I had joined a quilt guild so I sent this quilt out to be quilted.
All of these quilts are queen size.








No comments:

Post a Comment